Friday, March 6, 2015

My New Fav

So my new favorite thing to do in the mornings with the kids is to read The Friend to them as they are eating their breakfast.  The friend is the kids magazine from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  They're mouths are full and they do pretty good listening and the cute little stories.  I love it because it teaches them about what it is to be a child of God.  I also love that I can teach them other things too.  For example, with T-Rex we read this article about Elder Hales.  It talked about baseball.  We spent time being a pitcher and a batter (pretend.)  T-Rex now understands that pitchers throw the balls to the batters.  We often finish the article just for him to ask for me to read it again.  It opens discussions about what he would do in the situation that we are reading about.  And even though he is only 3, he really understands a lot more than I give him credit for.  It also gives fun activities for little kids.  This is just perfect as I am working into homeschooling in the fall.  I want to do a daily devotional, and this is a great start at getting T-Rex in the habit.

It is a great way to start our day on such a happy and positive note!  Goodness, I love being a mom to this little breakfast bunch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment